Every day volunteers improve the lives of animals and play a vital role in the success of the shelter, which cares for over 25,000 animals each year.
Volunteers enrich the lives of homeless pets while they wait for their forever families and help build a community where people value animals and treat them with respect and kindness.
- Miami-Dade Animal Services welcomes volunteers (ages 15–17 must be accompanied by an adult) who would like to donate their time and make a difference. Your participation and fresh ideas can help toward finding forever, loving homes for homeless dogs and cats.
- Volunteers receive training and orientation as well as an introduction to the services and the mission of Miami-Dade County Animal Services.
Individuals who wish to volunteer their time and services to Animal Services must complete the following:
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation (held every Saturday at 10 a.m. and the first and third Thursday of every month at 5 p.m.).
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older (or 15 if volunteering with a parent or adult volunteer).
- Successfully pass a criminal history background check.
- Adhere to the volunteer dress code (long khaki pants, closed toe shoes, and volunteer t-shirt that will be provided).
- Be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
For more information on volunteering, email the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305-418-7159.